The Grim Sleeper: The Lost Women of South Central by Christine Pelisek details the investigation that led to the arrest of Lonnie Franklin, a serial killer dubbed the Grim Sleeper. At the time, South Central was a neighborhood that grappled with low incomes, employment instability, drug addiction, and the crime that often accompanies those social issues. Deaths did not receive the same level of attention or scrutiny as they might have in other communities. For decades Franklin took advantage of that neglect as he prowled South Central Los Angeles attacking and murdering Black women with seeming impunity.
Shop on Amazon
- Tales of the Grim Sleeper [Movie Review]
- In the Heat of the Night [Movie Review]
- Just As I Am [Book Review]
- American Gangster [Movie Review]
- Atlanta’s Missing and Murdered: The Lost Children [Movie Review]
- Just Pursuit [Book Review]
Disclosure: Noire Histoir is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for the website to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Noire Histoir will receive commissions for purchases made via any Amazon Affiliate links above.